YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX "SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST" WHEN CHECKING OUT TO RECEIVE EMAILS ABOUT THIS CLASS
This is a 3-day course held on Nov 8-10th, 2022 at the Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa Westward Look Resort in Tucson, Arizona, and is part of a 6-day event with 2 other classes available the same week.
See below for peace of mind about refunds/cancelation insurance that is included with this registration.
8:00 AM-5:30 PM each day. Lunch is included with tuition.
Are you ready to be a great Sexuality Therapist?
In this 3-day training, participants will learn from two truly exceptional Certified Sex Therapy Supervisors with many years of experience in clinical practice as well as teaching.
You will practice skills in diagnosis, assessment, interventions, medical and other referrals and treatment as well as learning many of the nuances and tools that Certified Sex Therapists bring into the room. Classes are taught with a lens that emphasizes the intersections of race, gender, orientation, ability and religion and their importance within the practice of sex therapy.
You will learn:
- Various systems frameworks to effective therapeutic assessment.
- Identify organizations devoted to sex therapy and research.
- Discuss and use aspects of respected sex therapy models and use cases to practice discernment in when to use each skill.
- Identify potential impacts of spirituality, religion, and faith on client's experience with sex.
- Recognize how intersections of race, culture, gender, age and ability impact and at times defines sexual functioning.
- Identify and practice multiple techniques for treating sexual dysfunction.
- Perform a psychosexual history, name and discuss three theories for relational and emotional barriers to sexual functioning.
- Diagnosis sexual dysfunction based on the DSM V.
- Describe several of the basic principles of mindfulness as they relate to the practice of sex therapy.
- Define Sensate Focus.
- Compare and contrast treatment conducted in sex therapy versus traditional talk therapies.
- Analyze your personal evolution as a sex therapist and examine the many ways sex therapy is practiced and experienced differently online.
You will also meet incredible peers and be able to network and connect with others, students at ISEE often make life-long friends as well as colleagues. Come join us for a learning experience you will appreciate for years.
The hotel has accessible rooms, and the events rooms are wheelchair accessible. Please let us know what your accessibility needs are prior to registering for the event by clicking HERE. We will contact you within 48 hours to let you know how your needs can be met. Your learning is very important to us. We try but cannot guarantee full accessibility for every need.
Westward Look Resort and Rooms
Courtesy room blocks are available, please contact The Westward Look Resort directly.
Sexuality Therapist Training: STT A-E
A. Theory and methods of sex-related psychotherapy, including several different models.
B. Techniques of sex-related assessment and diagnosis of the ‘Psychosexual Disorders’ described in the current edition of the DSM.
C. Theory and methods of approach to intervention in relationship systems experiencing sex and intimacy problems. Therapists with no documented graduate or post graduate training in couples counseling must acquire 16 hours of couples counseling training as part of the 60 hours of Sex Therapy Training (Section VI). Couples therapy is psychotherapy which focuses on the couple and views the couple as the client. Clinical skills such as: attending to the interaction with each partner, knowing the power dynamic/ struggle that may occur, teaching effective, authentic communication, understanding and bringing awareness to deeper, hidden unmet needs and childhood wounds, psycho education of couples skill such as active listening, validation, empathy, asking for what they want and need, and negotiating differences are imperative. Suggested options to gain couples therapy skills and training are: Imago Relational Therapy, Gottman, Schnarch, Bader & Pearson, and Emotional Focused Therapy as possible examples.** This training may be done online.
D. Theory and method of approach to medical intervention in the evaluation and treatment of psychosexual disorders.**
E. Principles of consultation, collaboration, and referral.
This class offers 18 CEs for AASECT.
This program meets the requirements for the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 18 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT Certification and renewal of certification. Institute for Sexuality Education Enlightenment, Provider #11-113-C. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification. For further information please contact [email protected]
Please contact Amy for more information on how to apply at [email protected] Once your request has been received, you will receive the discount details and a code to use for registration. You will need to purchase each class as a separate transaction; as the system will not allow for more than one discount in a transaction.
Inability To Attend Insurance is included with your registration fee!
What is covered
1. The death, injury, or illness happening to the attendee or exhibitor, a member of their immediate family who is under the age of 70, or any person(s) in the group due to attend the event with the attendee or exhibitor. COVID-19 related illness or death is an exception and is not covered.
2. Adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police service or other local Government agency have issued warning not to travel.
3. Mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft in route of a private vehicle taking the attendee or exhibitor to this event.
4. Jury Duty which the attendee or exhibitor was unaware of at the time of registration.
5. The attendee or exhibitor being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which they were unaware of at the time of registration.
6. Burglary or fire at the residence of the attendee or exhibitor in the forty-eight (48) hours immediately before this event that required attendance of the emergency services.
7. The attendee or exhibitor being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly.
8. Unexpected disruption of the public transport networks the attendee or exhibitor could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of this event
9. The attendee or exhibitor being relocated for work more than one hundred (100) miles from work location which they were unaware of at the time of booking, or they are unexpectedly terminated from their job.