LET’S GET THEATRICAL: Centering, Embodiment, and Listening lessons taken from theater and adapted for Sexuality Professionals
YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX "SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST" WHEN CHECKING OUT TO RECEIVE EMAILS ABOUT THIS CLASS
Are you interested in expanding your toolbox of physically and mentally engaging exercises for sex education classes? Do you want to help your clients feel more present in their bodies? Are you interested in adding more experiential activities to your curriculum, but unsure of how to lead them? This 4-session class is for you!!
Let’s Get Theatrical adapts exercises from the theatrical disciplines of Linklater Voice Work, Grotowski Movement, and The Viewpoints for use by sexuality educators and therapists. The class will begin with a contextualizing look at these three disciplines in our first session. In our second and third sessions, you will learn eight different experiential exercises by experiencing them! In our last session, we’ll talk about facilitation skills and workshop structure.
Please note that you’ll get the most out of this class by attending all four sessions.
Feel free to drop into any one session if that’s all you can make, but it’s designed to be taken in order as one course of study. Sessions will be experiential/discussion based, and therefore not recorded.
October 23, 2022- 5:00-6:30 PM ET
October 30, 2022- 5:00-6:30 PM ET
November 6, 2022- 5:00-6:30 PM ET
November 13, 2022- 5:00-6:30 PM ET
*This listing is for the purchase of all four sessions, if you would like to purchase these courses individually, please use the link that corresponds to the date you would like to attend.
- By the end of Session One, students will be able to identify Grotowski Movement work.
- By the end of Session One, students will be able to identify Linklater voice work.
- By the end of Session One, students will be able to identify The Viewpoints.
- By the end of Session Three, students will recognize the importance of warm-up activities in creating an enriching classroom experience.
- By the end of Session Three, students will be able to facilitate four solo centering practices.
- By the end of Session Three, students will be able to lead four partnered/group exercises for exploring communication and consent.
- By the end of Session Four, students will recognize the importance of ensuring that embodiment exercises are accessible to all students.
- By the end of Session Four, students will be able to practice creating classes that flow well between experiential and lecture-based content.
By the end of this class, students will be able to inclusively and accessibly integrate theater exercises into their sex education workshop designs
Instructor: Olivia Sterne
SEX ED TRAINING AREA: Working with specific populations