YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX "SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST" WHEN CHECKING OUT TO RECEIVE EMAILS ABOUT THIS CLASS
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM EST
Break: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM EST
You must attend all sessions in order to receive credit for this course.
This class will cover the most common sexual issues partners present in therapy, including desire discrepancies, arousal difficulties, orgasm issues, helping partners navigate an open relationship, and healing from infidelity. We will explore how these issues impact relationship functioning and how to assess and treat these issues, with an emphasis on improving sexual communication. Students will also increase their awareness of their own biases and assumptions and gain a better understanding of how these influence the clinical setting. In addition, students will explore how betrayal, trust, and aging affect eroticism in sexual partnerships. There will be lots of opportunities to work with real cases.
- Identify aspects to consider when conceptualizing the presenting problem in partner sex therapy.
- Discuss common issues that partners most often present in sex therapy.
- Learn to assess sexual issues from a bio-psycho-social perspective.
- Review sexual communication skills that facilitate healing and success in partner sex therapy.
- Describe how aging and long-term partnerships impact sexuality.
- Recognize how our sexual experiences and values can create biases that influence our work with couples.
- Identify the path to healing from infidelity.
- Analyze how aging impacts sexuality between partners.
- Develop fluency and comfort talking about sex and sexual functioning with couples.
This program meets the requirements for the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 6 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward the AASECT Certification and renewal of certification. Institute for Sexuality Education & Enlightenment, Provider #11-113-C. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification. For further information please contact [email protected]
CORE KNOWLEDGE AREA: Sexual functioning
SEX ED TRAINING AREA: Working with specific populations