YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX "SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST" WHEN CHECKING OUT TO RECEIVE EMAILS ABOUT THIS CLASS
"Recorded webinars will only be accessible for 30 days after purchase"
This class is an overview of 3 types of sexual coercion–sexual assault, sexual harassment, and childhood sexual abuse. This webinar is geared toward sexuality professionals but is relevant for anyone. It is meant to be an introduction to these topics rather than a comprehensive discussion of all of them, and will include:
- An overview of the components of violence
- Exploration of the definitions of consent and assent
- Discussion of sexual assault including definitions, discussion of various scenarios, statistics, and impact
- Legal definitions and scenarios around sexual harassment and discussion of the impact
- The basics of child sexual abuse including reporting issues, and perpetrator motivations.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize the nature of various types of sexual violence.
- Identify 3 hallmarks of violence and coercive behavior.
- Recognize ways to discern violence from consent.
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 3 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Institute for Sexuality Education & Enlightenment, Provider #11-113-C. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification. For further information please contact [email protected].
Core Knowledge Area: Sexual exploitation, including sexual abuse, sexual harassment, and sexual assault.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING: The links in the webinar recordings are no longer live since we moved to the new platform. But the materials are all available! Just look for the links to the pdfs to the right of the video when you first enter the web-room.
Presenter: Rosalyn Dischiavo, EdD, MA, CSES