YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX "SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST" WHEN CHECKING OUT TO RECEIVE EMAILS ABOUT THIS CLASS
This is a 3-day course held on Nov 8-10th, 2022 at the Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa Westward Look Resort in Tucson, Arizona, and is part of a 6-day event with 2 other classes available the same week.
See below for peace of mind about refunds/cancelation insurance that is included with this registration.
8:00 AM-5:30 PM each day. Lunch is included with tuition.
Are you ready to be a great sexuality educator?
This 3-day workshop will put you head and shoulders above most with its practical approaches to sexuality education skills as well as deeper discussions and dives into sex education theory and philosophies.
The Exceptional Educator workshop is absolutely filled with practical activities and exercises as well as discussions with peers, and invaluable experience from 2 incredible, proficient instructors.
You will learn:
- How to practice community agreements and needs assessments.
- How to create curricula with great flow.
- How to troubleshoot emotional responses.
- Self-care while teaching.
- Dealing with group dynamics, and how to create great activities for impact as well as effectiveness.
- You will learn much about how to envision and practice sex education with the lenses of diversity, equity and inclusion with respect to race, gender, ability, age, and more.
- You will have the opportunity to deeply integrate the concept of sexual rights as human rights.
This workshop is by far one of ISEE's most popular and most valuable, not only for its content but also for its process, and for the experience of learning and networking with exceptional peers.
Serina Payan Hazelwood
**We strongly recommend taking two recorded webinars prior to this course: Professional Presentation Skills, which will lay the groundwork for your educational skills prior to practicing them in this class; and also Therapeutic Skills for Sex Educators, which will prepare you for the Group Dynamics sections.**
Westward Look Resort and Rooms
Courtesy room blocks are available for a limited time, please contact The Westward Look Resort directly.
Sexuality Educator Training (SET): A - E
A. Sexuality education training will include, but is not limited to: theory and methods of general education (including curriculum development, delivery and evaluation).
B. Theory and methods of sexuality education (including curriculum development, delivery and evaluation).
C. Ethical issues in sexuality education.
D. Theory and methods of approaches to sexuality education with specific populations (e.g., youth, older adults, couples, ethnic/ cultural/ faith-based populations, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities).**
E. Theory and methods of different approaches to sexuality education delivery (e.g., small group work, one-on-one education, large group lectures or interaction, online delivery or use of other electronic means).
This class offers 18 CEs for AASECT
* *This program meets the requirements for the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 18 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT Certification and renewal of certification. Institute for Sexuality Education & Enlightenment, Provider #11-113-C. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification. For further information please contact [email protected]
The hotel has accessible rooms, and the events rooms are wheelchair accessible. Please let us know what your accessibility needs are prior to registering for the event by clicking HERE. We will contact you within 48 hours to let you know how your needs can be met. Your learning is very important to us. We try but cannot guarantee full accessibility for every need.
Please contact Amy for more information on how to apply at [email protected] Once your request has been received, you will receive the discount details and a code to use for registration. You will need to purchase each class as a separate transaction; as the system will not allow for more than one discount in a transaction.
Inability To Attend Insurance is included with your registration fee!
What is covered
1. The death, injury, or illness happening to the attendee or exhibitor, a member of their immediate family who is under the age of 70, or any person(s) in the group due to attend the event with the attendee or exhibitor. COVID-19 related illness or death is an exception and is not covered.
2. Adverse weather including snow, frost, fog or storm where the Police service or other local Government agency have issued warning not to travel.
3. Mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft in route of a private vehicle taking the attendee or exhibitor to this event.
4. Jury Duty which the attendee or exhibitor was unaware of at the time of registration.
5. The attendee or exhibitor being summoned to appear at court proceedings as a witness which they were unaware of at the time of registration.
6. Burglary or fire at the residence of the attendee or exhibitor in the forty-eight (48) hours immediately before this event that required attendance of the emergency services.
7. The attendee or exhibitor being a member of the armed forces and being posted overseas unexpectedly.
8. Unexpected disruption of the public transport networks the attendee or exhibitor could not have reasonably known about before the date or time of this event
9. The attendee or exhibitor being relocated for work more than one hundred (100) miles from work location which they were unaware of at the time of booking, or they are unexpectedly terminated from their job.