YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX "SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST" WHEN CHECKING OUT IN ORDER TO GET YOUR CONFIRMATION & CLASS LINK EMAILS! it is the only way the system knows it has permission to contact you.
This is a 3-day course held on July 10-12, 2023 at The Hotel Northampton in Northampton, Massachusetts, and is part of a 6-day event with 2 other classes available the same week.
See below for peace of mind about refunds/cancelation insurance that is included with this registration.
9:00 AM-5:30 PM daily (please come at 8:45 AM to sign in)
Are you ready to be a great Sexuality Educator?
This 3-day workshop will put you head and shoulders above most with its practical approaches to sexuality education skills as well as deeper discussions and dives into sex education theory and philosophies.
The Exceptional Educator workshop is absolutely filled with practical activities and exercises as well as discussions with peers, and invaluable experience from 2 incredible, proficient instructors.
You will learn:
- How to practice community agreements and needs assessments.
- How to create curricula with great flow.
- How to troubleshoot emotional responses.
- Self-care while teaching.
- Dealing with group dynamics, and how to create great activities for impact as well as effectiveness.
- You will learn much about how to envision and practice sex education with the lenses of diversity, equity and inclusion with respect to race, gender, ability, age, and more.
- You will have the opportunity to deeply integrate the concept of sexual rights as human rights.
This workshop is by far one of ISEE's most popular and most valuable, not only for its content but also for its process, and for the experience of learning and networking with exceptional peers.
**We strongly recommend taking two recorded webinars prior to this course: Professional Presentation Skills, which will lay the groundwork for your educational skills prior to practicing them in this class; and also Therapeutic Skills for Sex Educators, which will prepare you for the Group Dynamics sections.**
The Hotel Northampton and Rooms
Courtesy room blocks are available for a limited time, please contact The Hotel Northampton directly.
Sexuality Educator Training (SET): A - E
A. Sexuality education training will include, but is not limited to: theory and methods of general education (including curriculum development, delivery and evaluation).
B. Theory and methods of sexuality education (including curriculum development, delivery and evaluation).
C. Ethical issues in sexuality education.
D. Theory and methods of approaches to sexuality education with specific populations (e.g., youth, older adults, couples, ethnic/ cultural/ faith-based populations, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities).**
E. Theory and methods of different approaches to sexuality education delivery (e.g., small group work, one-on-one education, large group lectures or interaction, online delivery or use of other electronic means).
This class offers 18 CEs for AASECT
* *This program meets the requirements for the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 18 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT Certification and renewal of certification. Institute for Sexuality Education & Enlightenment, Provider #11-113-C. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification. For further information please contact [email protected].
The hotel has accessible rooms, and the events rooms are wheelchair accessible. Please let us know what your accessibility needs are prior to registering for the event by clicking HERE. We will contact you within 48 hours to let you know how your needs can be met. Your learning is very important to us. We try but cannot guarantee full accessibility for every need.
Please contact Amy for more information on how to apply at [email protected]. Once your request has been received, you will receive the discount details and a code to use for registration. You will need to purchase each class as a separate transaction; as the system will not allow for more than one discount in a transaction.
Inability To Attend Insurance is included with your registration fee!
ISEE will provide No Refunds if you are unable to attend. Instead, we now provide a refund insurance policy. Please see below:
Inability to Attend Insurance:
Attendee Registration Insurance is now included in your registration fees. This coverage is underwritten by Lloyds of London.
You will receive a 100% refund if you are unable to attend the event for a reason outside of your control that is covered under the policy. This coverage starts on the date you pay for registration and ends on the first date of the event.
Click Here which takes you to our claims website and then click on the tab Policy Terms & Conditions to see what is covered under the policy.