YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX "SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST" WHEN CHECKING OUT TO RECEIVE EMAILS ABOUT THIS CLASS
"Recorded webinars will only be accessible for 30 days after purchase"
This class explores current systems of oppression in the US and how they intersect with sexuality, sexual identities and sexual orientations. This course elucidates systems of oppression as a product of the historical and ongoing violence to the land and all who are connected to the land. Participants will be exposed to the systems of oppression that exist within the field of sexuality as well, and help participants to understand how individual identities intersect with power. We will discuss how these identities inform beliefs, values, and decision-making with regard to sexual behaviors, sexual and gender identities, and sexual health.
- Recognize at least two (2) historical events related to sexual oppression and how it is perpetuated in today’s culture.
- Identify at least two (2) personal identities.
- Identify at last three (3) examples of how culture informs individual beliefs, values, and decision-making regarding sexuality and sexual wellness.
- Recognize at least two (2) areas in their current work that are in need of adaptations.
- Review at least two (2) instances of harm caused in US History.
- Identify at least three (3) myths that are created and assigned to specific groups (i.e. stereotypes, media influences, etc).
- Identify at least two (2) areas that may be a challenge or resistance to providing care or services due to the systems of white supremacy.
Instructor: Serina Payan Hazelwood, CHSE, CSE
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 3.5 CE credits, and is considered asynchronous learning. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Institute for Sexuality Education & Enlightenment, Provider #11-113-C. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification. For further information please contact [email protected]
Core Knowledge Area:
Sex Therapy Training Area:
Sex Ed Training Area: